Hello Lovelies…Welcome back!
I hope you had a fulfilling week. Leather in the summer? But of course! Leather is almost always associated with the winter, or cold months. Since culottes are one of the must have trends for summer, and the cool girls are wearing leather in the summer…what better way to sport this totally chic pants, than in leather.
Culottes are chic and versatile in styling, easily transitioning from day to night, from the office to dinner, drinks, and the dance floor…not necessarily in that order (hehe). They come in various lengths, and cuts, making them super versatile to style year round. See here and my previous post here.
Leather Culottes -Styling for summer (OOTD)
My outfit, veers a wee bit away from the norm…which is relative. The ootd is Leather Culottes -styling for summer…smack dab in the middle of summer! Certainly…why not! I love this particular pair, which hits right below the knees. The cuffed hem certainly makes it more dressier, but can be dressed down, nonetheless. I’d previously worn it in the winter, but never in the summer, therefore, to make it more summer friendly, I opted for a lightweight, abstract print patterned top, in an obvious summer color pallet (which makes it appear floral).
In addition, to add to the edgy vibe created by the leather, I opted for these spiked cut-out ankle booties, one of my favs, previously styled here, here, and here. Finally, while the newsboy cap amps up all the edginess, and androgyny in my look, the lightweight, lace-up, ‘floral top’, adds a dose of feminity, softens it, and balances the androgynous and edgy look quite well. This combo, if you’ll agree, exudes an effortless chic look…with bonus edginess! What are your thoughts?
Alternative Styling Tips
- Pair this look with a navy blazer for an updated men’s wear inspired look, totally office appropriate
- Style with fitted mock turtleneck top, layered with cropped blazer.
- Alternatively…for that urban chic sporty vibe, style with a tee and sneakers…
- style as above, and throw in a beanie, a cross body bag and a pair of statement brogues/oxfords for that street-style-meets-preppy vibe
- Style with a flowy button down, ankle length shirt dress in a contrasting color or print, over a cropped top for a not so boring look
- Pair with a silk blouse and a long vest for the perfect, chic laying effect
How else would you style this look? However you choose to style it, own it, and rock it with style and confidence!
See you next well…Ciao!!
Shop My Look
- Leather culottes: BCBGMAXAZRIA (old) Similar here, here and, here
- Newsboy cap: Express (old) See similar here, here, and here. I love this one here
- Top: BCBGMAXAZRIA (old) Similar here and here
- Hnadbag: Chanel Similar here