Welcome back Loves!
Ultimate Winter Coat Style
How was your week? If you live in Texas, then you know we got a blast of winter weather this week. But thank goodness, it is quickly dissipating to a bit warmer temperature….which gives credence to the popular saying, that if you don’t like the current weather here in Texas, wait a minute ‘cos it’ll surely change. Anyways, are you needing to add some glamour and sophistication to your winter wardrobe? If so, then may I suggest a Cape Coat? It is a must have! Winter outfits can easily become drab, what with the cold, gloomy weather. A Cape Coat, in the right fit and style for you, can add instant drama, and is guaranteed to elevate your look…trust me! With these Cape Coat styling tips, you are sure to be a winner…hehe.
Today I’m styling up this Cape Coat. I have seriously had this coat for almost a decade now, and I still love it! Here are some of the reasons why I love it. First, I love the dramatic, stylish feel of wearing one. Simple. That’s just me. Secondly, I love the fact that this particular style comes with a belt, which helps in accentuating my waist even with bulk of the cape. However, the silhouette that a Cape Coat creates can also be stylish and glamorous, sans a belt. Further, the ability to layer pieces, like here seems to come natural with Cape Coats.
With this in mind, because It’s a short length Cape Coat, to balance out the wide silhouette, I opted for these wide leg pants, see similar styled here. Something about wide leg pants seriously elevates any look, when done right. They are also easy to style up or down.
Also, I added this animal print scarf to elevate the look and add a little edge. I am all about animal print this season, in small doses of course…catch my previous post here, if you missed it. Finally, The Leather gloves also adds some class (it was much needed this with blast of cold weather we got this week).
Tell me what you think, and how else you’d style this look.
Cape Coats come in varying lengths and styling options, so choose one that fits your style. Here are some styling tips
- Pair them with skinny jeans for a slim stylish look
- For longer length capes, pair them with mini skirts or thigh high boots for some sex appeal
- Add some animal print, as I did here for some daring edginess.
- Style a mid length Cape coat with your LBD this season for a Chic ladylike look.
So there…go on and get you a Cape Coat… Much Love, xoxo
Shop My Look
- Cape Coat (old) Similar here and here
- Wide leg Pants (old) Similar here. I love this velvet version here
- Clutch: BCBG Maxazria color block envelope clutch (old) Similar here and here
- Shoes: Casadei Rose gold open toe sling back pumps, similar (here) and here