#Girlboss Platform Sneakers
Good to see you again, and thanks for stopping by…platform sneakers-updated styling tips will have you looking for these babies. They are super versatile to style and when styled correctly, add a healthy dose of chicness to your look.
I bet you saw Viola Davis sporting platform sneakers with her evening gown…well if you didn’t that’s perfectly ok. Platform sneakers, platform creepers or platform skate sneakers are all one and the same. They very practical in that they provide height, comfort and chicness all at the same time.
These Steve Madden pair with the cork platform are very chic and super comfortable. They come in an array of color and style, but I opted for these because, first and foremost, they were on sale…hola! The other reason is that the metallic silver creates a surreal outer space vibe that was also highlighted in Chanel’s Fall 2017 collection, see here.
Platform Sneakers-updated styling tips (OOTD)
Today’s look can be modified several different ways to suit your fashion style. Therefore, creativity and imagination are your only limitations. So, for an elegant appeal, and to create a more streamlined silhouette I opted to pair it with ankle pants. I love ankle pants, see here, here, and here if you missed my previous posts on ankle pants.
No doubt, Ankle pants work great for me because I have super long legs, and with this look, revealing some leg adds a modern chic essence to my silhouette and keeps my look from being dowdy or old fashioned. Because I wanted to create a #girlboss, casual office vibe without appearing too stuffy, adding these platform sneakers helped do just that.
Accordingly, the vest injects a bit of androgyny to my look while the blouse, with the poetic sleeves adds a bit of softness, for a balanced look. The white structured handbag adds to the office vibe, while the Chanel handbag plays up the #girlboss look. Finally, to complete my look, I added the belt for waist definition…gotta have that, hehe.
Alternative Styling Tips
My take on other styling options. In my opinion, when styling these platform skate sneakers, you can’t go wrong, so let your creativity and imagination run free.
- Go for a sporty look by simply pairing them with joggers, a tied-up graphic tee, and an oversized bomber jacket. As a matter of fact, you may choose to add a face cap for emphasis…hehe.
- For a casual edgy chic look, pair with skinny jeans or black leggings, simple white tee and a black leather jacket. You may or may not want the spiked platform sneakers to up the ante on your edginess.
- Alternatively, for that relaxed urban chic look, pair with a floral mini dress or structured mini dress.
- For the boho chic, pair with a flowy maxi dress, making sure to show a little ankle
- It is spring after all, so reach for a midi skirt, a fitted top, and your platform sneakers for a demure but chic look.
- Pair platform sneakers with ankle rolled boyfriend jeans, a feminine top for an effortless chic look or loose the feminine top for slouchy top to create a cool tomboy look.
Possibilities are endless, so however you choose to style it, own it and rock it with poise and confidence!
See you next week…Ciao!
Shop My Look
- Blouse: Parker similar here and here
- Vest: Express (old)
- Ankle Pants: Gianni Bini slim ankle pants here
- Plateform Creepers (Sneakers): Steve Madden similar here, here and here.
- Chanel Handbag (old)
- BCBGMaxazria handbag (old)