Hello Lovelies! Great to see you back. Seeing as the ‘off shoulder’, ‘cold shoulder’ trend is still going strong even into the fall, I though to feature this top. I love the inherent sexy vibe that baring a little skin, especially the décolletage area creates…a look that oozes with an air of feminity and sex appeal. See some of my previous looks here and here.
Floral cold shoulder top + midi skirt + block heels (OOTD)
Today’s look features this beautiful floral cold shoulder top + midi skirt + block heels. I decided to pair the top with this midi skirt only because it’s, sort of skirt season right? The block heels with this outfit is a whole ‘nother’ story.
Anyways, as most, or all bloggers will understand, I struggled with the decision to post, or not to post this look for various reasons. The major reason being my foot wear. Now, don’t get me wrong…nothing wrong with the foot wear, I just don’t like the look with this outfit, didn’t and still doesn’t look right. What do you think?
Although happy with the way the shoot turned out, I am still not happy with my foot wear decision, which totally happened accidentally. I had these on and in my hurry, forgot to pack the intended footwear for this shoot, and when I realized it…alas, it was too late! Yeah, I could have cancelled the entire session (which is what I normally would have done), but I have learned not to sweat the small stuff. I decided to go full speed ahead and just own it. That’s perfect though, as you can also learn from my mishap.
Alternative Styling Tips
Here is my take on how to style this differently.
- Loose the block heels for a heeled sandals or better yet, a pump for more chicness and sex appeal!
- Loose the straw tote, and opt for a shoulder or top handle bag instead to give a more city chic or office approved look.
- Alternatively, style with a clutch for an effortless chic look transitioning from day to evening or office to dinner.
- Throw a cool scarf over your shoulder to keep the elements at bay.
- Add a belt for a more distinct waist definition.
- Add a biker jacket for a little edge
How else would you style this look? Remember though, however, you choose to style it, own it and rock it with style and confidence.
See you next week…Ciao!