Hello lovelies…welcome back!
Do you know how to style sequins as work wear (like a Pro)? Needless to say that Sequins are bold and eye catching, usually reserved for the holiday season and night life. Who made that rule anyways? Yes, sequins can be rocked year round, but don’t get carried away… it’s easy to go from rocking sequins to looking like a disco ball from the 90’s. On the other hand, when done right, the outfit exudes boldness, and daring sophistication, giving off boss babe vibes. Do yo consider sequins too daring for the office?
Style sequins as work wear (like a Pro) (OOTD)
Today I show you how to Style sequins as work wear (like a Pro). One cardinal rule to incorporating sequins into your work wear wardrobe is to play down everything else. So, to add a little sparkle to an otherwise boring office or work wear look, I paired this uber glam, but basically conservative sequin top with tailored plaid pants to add a modern twist to the boring office look.
Because I have had these pants for years, they are obviously no longer available, but I found some other ones for you, like this one…which I totally love. Here’s a budget friendlier one. Yeah, the plaid pants tones down the sparkle and makes the look office appropriate… it grounds my look giving a serious yet playful vibe.
Also, I added this scarf…adding the scarf not only serves as visual interest, but also adds an elegant and sophisticated vibe to the look. Finally, this bag with the faux fur embellishments adds some interesting contrast to the sparkle of the sequins. The pumps add a pop of color to my look. What are your thought on this look? Leave me a comment below…
Shop My Look
Alternative Styling Tips
- Add a fitted blazer like this for some punk, or this to make it even more office appropriate
- Pair the top with a pencil skirt, like this or this and these pumps for an even more sexy, but sophisticated office ready look
- Pair the top with this on trend suit set to amp up that boss babe vibe…I love this one
- For casual friday’s…yaii (who doesn’t love those, right), pair this sequined top with jeans, pumps and an oversized blazer like this
- Loose the blazer after hours for a great office to dinner look
How else would you style this look? However, you choose to style it, always own it, and rock it with poise and confidence!
See you next week…Ciao!!