Hello Lovely friends!
Do you consider an animal print body con holiday party wear too daring, or too trashy? Either way, you would not be totally wrong, because that all depends on how you wear/style animal print. Animal print can be overpowering, and a put off, when done wrong. On the other hand, when done right, the outfit exudes boldness, and daring sophistication. Here are a few reasons why I love animal print, and I think you should too, since they are not going away anytime soon.
First, and foremost, animal prints are considered neutrals, perhaps the new black? This means animal print can literarily be paired with just about anything…yes, and no need to try and match animal print, since they are quite capable of standing alone.
Which brings me to the second reason. Animal print adds a certain amount of fierceness, edginess, and what I call chicie-spunk to your look…delivering that sartorial elegance we all seek.
Shop My Look
Animal Print body con holiday party wear (OOTD)
Today I’m wearing this BCBGMAXAZRIA almost sheer body con dress. It’s an old favorite of mine. I paired it with these loubs previously seen here and my new favorite handbag…the Boyy bag, also previously styled here. This is a simple, elegant, yet bold and classic look. Oh…I added this statement necklace to glam up my look further, and also for some interest.
On the other hand, who says there’s any such thing as too much animal print? Ha! I included an alternative look with…yes, animal print cowgirl boots. How cute are they tho? How else would you style this look?
Warning! I will be restyling this dress soon, so check back.
Alternative styling Tips
- Style with these pumps for a monochromatic approach. Try these budget friendly ones on sale
- Add a moto jacket for more edgy spunk, and warmth
- Add this skinny belt for waist definition and interest
- Ditch the bag and style with this cute patchwork clutch instead
- Add a statement coat like this for more drama
- This statement necklace will go fabulously well too
However you choose to style this look, be sure to own it, and rock it with poise and confidence!
See you next week…Ciao!!!
What I’m Wearing
- Dress:: BCBGMAXAZRIA old similar here for less than $25, and here
- Handbag:: Boyy bag on sale here
- Heels:: Christian Louboutin here and here
- Boots:: Laredo westernwear similar here