Hello Friends! Sorry for the long pause…the holidays got me, but I’m back now.
So how was your Christmas and New year? I trust y’all had a fantastic time spent with friends and family. I had a blast hanging with friends and family as well. Hard to believe that we are already in 2018…Yep, and this is my first post of the year…sharing 5 simple tips for styling faux fur vests.
Looking back at 2017, I have a host of reasons to be thankful for, and I’m quite sure you do too. Moving along with pursuing my unmet goals, even as I set new long-term goals. Do you have an aspiration/goal for this year?
Shop my look
5 simple tips for styling faux fur vests (OOTD)
There are a handful of easy changes or additions to your wardrobe that can instantly elevate and enhance your look…. a fur or faux fur vest is one of them, and that’s one of the reasons it’s a go-to for me. It will instantly transform your look from drab to glam…easily dressed up or down to your liking, because it plays well with literarily everything in your wardrobe.
Secondly, a faux fur vest is the perfect statement piece to perfect your layering game, and who doesn’t love layering this time of year?
Today, I styled this faux fur vest with a simple, sleeveless metallic sweater sheath dress, much like this one here. Then I added this wool fedora hat, I previously styled here. Finally, this peep-toe ankle booties in hunter green (seen here and here) adds a nice touch of sophistication and pop of color to my monochromatic look. However, I also show another look with a monochrome ankle booties as well. What are your thoughts?
Alternative styling tips
- for a sophisticated look, style the faux fur vest belted, and layered under a coat. Choose monochromatic colors for a more put together classy look
- Style over this shirt and ruffle hem pencil skirt, opaque tights and knee-high boots for a chic office vibe. I’m obsessing over this shirt here
- For an easy weekend vibe, style over this jeans and long sleeve top. Pair with these on-trend sock ankle boots for a streamlined look with a statement. Go for bold and style with these instead.
- Add some edge by styling over a jumper like this or this, with leather or faux leather leggings, and over-the-knee-boots like this or this one. Add a little spunk to your look with this cabby hat.
- Style over a mini skirt like this or this or skater dress, tights and over the knee boots for a sexy vibe.
How else would you style this? However you choose to style it, just own it and rock it with poise and confidence!
See you next week….Ciao!!!