The loafer pump or high-heeled loafers trend has been gaining momentum. They have come a long way from penny loafers. The high-heeled version of the penny loafer was recently made popular by the retro update by the house of Gucci, as seen here. For this reason, I am talking Great tips for styling high-heeled loafers today.
As a matter of fact, high-heeled loafers transition well from desk to dinner without taking away your glam and sophistication. Therefore, they are a great addition to your wardrobe. So. if you’ve been considering it…do it!
Shop My look
Great tips for styling high-heeled loafers (OOTD)
Although I purchased this Lewit high-heeled loafers from @Nordstromrack clearance rack, which probably means, last season, they are a classic. So, besides the eye catching color, what sold me was the flared statement heels and of course, the price! However, they are unfortunately sold out, and I may have bought the last pair 😔, but I found some very similar picks to choose from..
While my styling choice was for a monochromatic, classic black and white look, generally speaking, there are obviously so many other style choices. So, I paired the loafer pumps with this Gianni Bini pleated floral blouse previously seen here and here with these Paper London polka dot Guipure lace kick flare pants. Also, notice the ruffle collar and necktie of the blouse and the kick flare style of the pants add a 70s vibe which is perfectly in theme with the loafer.
On the other hand, the loafer adds an air of timeless elegance, plus a bit of masculinity that balances the blouse and kick flare pants, don’t you agree?
Finally, I added the Cult Gaia Stella woven bag…it is spring after all! Alternatively though, for a more feminine take, I also show the look with a heeled pump and white Chanel handbag. What are your thoughts on this look? See my alternative styling tips below.
Alternative styling tips
- Channel your inner preppy side by styling with a pleated skirt like this or this. Try this skater skirt as well
- Add this Moto jacket for a little edge. or this one instead
- Pair with this destroyed denim shorts for a laid back chic look
- Add some androgyny to this feminine floral dress by pairing with loafers
- this pencil skirt or this, and this blazer will def give a sophisticated boss babe look
- Go Parisian and pair with this stripped top and this boyfriend jeans. I’m in love with this top and these jeans on sale
- Style with this midi skirt or dress for the classic vintage inspired look. Check this one out!
- Wear with skinny ankle pants and this silk blouse for casual work wear. Then add this cropped blazer for more class and sophistication
- For a longer balanced silhouette, pair with these wide leg palazzo pants, or these
How else would you style a high-heeled loafer? Whichever way you choose to style it, the key isn’t to own you look, and rock it with poise and confidence!
I thank you for stopping by and reading, hope to see you next week…Ciao!!!