Hey there, good to see you! Talking Tips for styling winter florals today.
Florals are synonymous with the spring and summer season, however, of recent the fashion world has seen an increase in designers leaning heavily towards florals for the winter seasons. Hence, much like it’s counterpart, there’s nothing groundbreaking in winter florals! Even though floral prints with black backgrounds work well for the winter season, on the other hand, to get more mileage or cost per wear (CPW) value out of your summer/spring purchases, and aside from choosing heavier fabric and prints with darker hues, you can totally rock other lighter florals in the winter (also, see my fall transitioning tips here and here) by following my tips below.
Shop my look
Tips for styling winter florals (OOTD)
Although florals were previously associated with the spring and summer seasons, recent years has seen a dramatic uptick in winter florals. Toady I’m styling a black floral ruffles skirt, paired with a chunky, faux pearl embellished sweater I found @tjmaxx. The off white top allows the florals to pop against the black background. I added black opaque tights for warmth and also continue the silhouette. Here, I show two different looks with tall boots, and a clutch for a dressier look. However, in the second look, I chose to style it with ankle boots and a shoulder bag for a more casual, laid back vibe. What are your thoughts?
Alternative styling tips
- Add opaque tights like this and style with an on trend sock, ankle, knee high, or OTK boots to winterize your look.
- Layer up by styling your spring dress with a turtle neck like I did here
- Style your floral skirt with a chunky sweater like this one. A bodysuit turtle neck is my preference.
- For extra warmth, add a scarf much like this one, or this
- For the office, add a corduroy blazer, much like this one will ensure you are also work ready.
- Adding a plaid blanket scarf will work extremely well…especially since plaid will pair well with florals. See my post on mixing and matching prints here
How else would you style this look? However you choose to style it, own it and rock it with poise and confidence.
Thanks for stopping by. See you next week….Ciao!!!