Welcome back loves! I hope you had a fulfilling week.
Today I’m talking 6 tips for styling a denim jacket, stylishly. If you missed my previous post, here, I mentioned a denim jacket as one of the spring closet staple you absolutely need in your wardrobe. They are very versatile pieces, because, much like the trench coat, they serve as transitional pieces, providing some warmth in the spring, on cool summer evenings, and well into the fall season. That lends to the question, How do you style your denim jackets?
Shop my Look
6 tips for styling a Denim Jacket, stylishly (OOTD)
Today, I’m styling my denim jacket over an ultra feminine yellow lace dress. Because we are in a transitional kinda weather now, I needed to keep my shoulders warm while keeping the feminine spring vibe of my dress. The denim jacket adds an easy, cool-chic vibe to my look, by cooling down the ultra feminine factor of the lace dress. However, the timelessness of the lace meshes well with the denim.
Finally, I styled it with these pumps. However, I also show two slightly different looks. First with flat sling backs, making the look appropriate for an evening stroll, or shopping event. Secondly, I traded the denim jacket for this blazer, seen here to keep my look a bit more polished. I have yet another look…catch it on IG. What are your thoughts on these looks? Share them below, I’d love to read them.
Alternative styling tips
- make your summer dress more work appropriate by layering with a denim jacket, especially for dress down Fridays
- As above, with heeled sandals like these for date night
- Also, try this gorgeous sundress with a white denim jacket for a refreshing look. Tip: roll up your sleeves and flip your collar for added drama and ‘tude.
- Channel your boho chic vibe by pairing with this maxi dress for a laid back weekend vibe. perfect for a movie date or shopping. I’m in love with this one and this one. Pair with these cool sneakers for an on-trend look.
- Style your denim jacket over a maxi skirt and these sandals or espadrilles for an easy weekend look. Be sure to keep your top tucked into the skirt to keep your waistline defined
- Pair your denim jacket over these shorts, or even denim shorts for an on trend denim on denim look.
How else would you style this look? However you choose to style it, own it and rock it with style and confidence! See you next week….Ciao!!!
its ok 🙂
Love the yellow with the denim!
Pose & Repeat