Hello Lovelies! It’s been a while, but I’m beyond grateful and happy to be back. Although my absence was forced, it was crucial to my health and recovery. I suffered some injuries from a freak accident in my kitchen. If you follow me in IG you know a bit about why I was out of commission for a bit. Thanks for sticking with me…Much love!
Embroidered everything is all the rage this season. Have you noticed how almost everything is either embellished or embroidered lately? From handbags, to jackets, booties, belts and even jeans; from Gucci to Zara, and from the runway to the streets. Why not, right? After all Embroideries and embellishments add interest and a statement to any outfit.
Embroidered Jeans + Lace up shirt (OOTD)
Because fashion is so cyclical, I saved these fabulous pair of embroidered jeans from the a decade ago….yep, I sure did. I loved them then, and love them even more now. Embroidered Jeans + lace up shirt were made for each other…thanks to the seventies. So, I decided to pair it with this white button down shirt by MLM Label…not your plain button down shirt tho. Notice the grommet and lace up details on the back and sleeves, which adds a heap of character.
This circle handbag, previously seen here is a perfect complement to this casual chic look, perfect for the weekend, or perhaps lunch and movies with the gals.
Finally, I added the neck scarf, not only for visual interest, but as a nod to the upcoming Independence Day Celebration.
Alternative Styling tips
Here is my take on how to style this look differently and make it your own.
- Pair with a plain white tee and a blazer and a pair of mules for more structured, on trend, but casual chic look
- Or, swap the mules for a pair of sneakers to channel your inner urban chicness.
- An off the shoulder top with a pair of heeled sandals
- Pair with and embroidered denim shirt for an on trend denim on denim vibe
- For the perfect evening look with an edge, style with a bodysuit, biker jacket and statement heels
- on the other hand, swap the biker jacket for a light satin bomber jacket
- Style with a statement top in a pop of color, heeled sandals or pumps for a sexy chic vibe
Remember, whichever way you choose to style it, own it and rock it with poise and confidence.
See you next week…Ciao!