The line between architecture and fashion has long been blurred. Many designers like Phillip Lim take inspiration from architectural buildings in their designs, while some designers like Pierre Balmain, Versace, held architectural degrees. I like to think of the Merging of fashion with architecture as wearable structure. Coco Chanel put it rightly, “Fashion is architecture. It is a matter of proportion.”
Few Moda off-shoulder ruffle top + Just Cavalli Pants (OOTD)
Today I’m styling a couple of statement pieces…Few Moda off-shoulder ruffle top + Just Cavalli Pants. This Few moda top, in tiered architectural ruffles is a beautiful showcase of modern sophistication with a sleek contemporary aesthetic. The design of this top creates a strong silhouette that emphasizes the structure and shape of the top, much like an architectural building.
Roberto Cavalli on the other hand, is known for his over the top flamboyant designs. This casual pant design, in an eye-catching pattern is no exception…it is definitely a statement making piece and a conversation starter.
Although both pieces are statement pieces capable of standing alone, I decided to pair them together to maximize their impact. The structured on trend top (check out this one and this one) in a solid color tones down, and balances the printed pants. I show a pairing with two different handbags…Which do you prefer? Finally, this understated necklace, previously styled here, competes the look. What are your thoughts?
Shop My Look
Alternative Styling Tips
- style as above with sexy flats for the perfect brunch look
- Alternatively, style with on trend sneakers for an urban chic vibe
- Style the pants with a structure blazer for office appropriate wear
- Pair the pants with a simple white tee, cross body bag, and flats/sneakers for a casual weekender look
- Add a leather moto jacket to toughen up your look and add some glamour.
- Pair the top with skinny jeans, heeled sandals and a clutch for the perfect date night look, or an evening with the gals
How else would you style tis look? However you choose to style it, own it and rock it with poise and confidence.
Thanks for stopping by. See you next week…Ciao!