Hello Lovelies! Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful Easter celebration with your loved ones.
Spring is the season of florals. Spring florals evoke and imagery of colorful and bright palettes, which I totally love. However, there’s no rule that states you have to stay with the same old patterns, tones or color pallets, see this previous post here. Thankfully, there are tons of options to choose from to embody the season like this Floral blouse + Floral skirt monochrome spring look.
Floral Blouse + Floral Skirt Monochrome spring look (OOTD)
This Floral blouse + Floral Skirt monochromatic look in classic black and white is chic, sophisticated, and classy. I play with prints here, pairing this bold romantic guipure floral, lace print skirt, with this beautiful chiffon blouse with small florals and tiny pleats, albeit in black and white. The blouse features a statement poet sleeve and V-neck with tie. This large ad small print mix creates depth and visual harmony. In addition, the black and white monochromatic look creates an aesthetic that exudes sophistication, and never goes out of style.
The wide waist cinching contour belt in a solid color adds a modern and balanced look to my silhouette. I love how the quilted look of the belt harmoniously flows with the Chanel handbag. Further, for a pop of color, I am wearing these brand new Loubs I got at a deep discount (my wallet thanked me) at a consignment store, just like in this previous post here.
Alternative Styling Tips
This classic look will work well in all occasion. However, as always, there are a few tweaks that can be undertaken to satisfy every taste. Want to shop this look? I have put together some links to similar outfits below.
- For a complete monochromatic #bosslady, and classic look, pair with back hosiery and pumps.
- Not a fan of waist cinching contour belts? This outfit will look as classy with a skinny black belt, or
- Add a skinny belt in your choice of color for a color pop…yellow will work well, or stay predictable with a red skinny or regular sized belt.
- Add black leather or cream biker jacket for edginess
- Alternatively, pair with a trench coat in a pop of color of a chic city look.
How else would you style this look? However, you choose to style it, own it and rock it with style and confidence!
See you next week…Ciao!
Shop My Look
- Top: Gianni Bini Pleat long sleeve blouse on sale here
- Skirt: BCBG Maxazria Guipure floral lace skirt (old) Similar here in a sheath dress that I love.
- Belt: BCBGMaxazria Wide waist belt (old)
- Handbag: Chanel double flap
- Pumps: Louboutin