A Touch of Midas
Hello Loves, welcome back!
Todays post is special because it includes deets of my very first giveaway…Yaaiii! As a show of appreciation for those that have been my loyal followers since I started this journey…plus my new followers as well, I am celebrating a milestone…over 4K likes on Facebook with a giveaway. Thank you so much!!! Deets below.
Florals + Brocade + Yellow Blazer + Metallics + Giveaway (OOTD)
Hello spring! I am feeling quite festive in this outfit. Loving the subtle touch of Midas on this whole outfit…what’s not to love? This outfit …the Floral brocade skirt with a touch of metallic shimmer, the sunshine yellow blazer, and the iridescent top with rounded statement shoulders and dove tail pleat back, evokes an excitement akin to party vibes.
Today I am playing with colors and textures to create depth and harmony, with a focus on analogous colors, specifically the greens and yellows…from forest green, army green, to olive green/yellow, to bright yellow, and gold. However, because they are analogous colors, they mesh quite beautifully, don’t you think?The whole look captures the main themes of the just concluded SS17 fashion week… Florals + Yellow + Metallics etc.
I love the metallic floral brocade design of this skirt. It makes a statement of opulence, and because its a mini skirt it doesn’t appear overbearing, albeit my daughter thought it would make a great placemat…Ha! Anyways, pairing it with the solid top and blazer accentuates the effortless elegance and opulence of the brocade, especially with the metallic top. My choice for the bootie (previously styled here) has everything to do with the season and depth of color scheme I have in mind.
Alternative Styling Tips
My take on other styling tips. This rich skirt could be paired with a solid statement white top (to keep the focus on the skirt), with gold strappy high heeled sandals and an over the shoulder purse to create a carefree chic look for a summer soirée.
Alternatively, lose the blazer and top in my look above and go with a sexy spaghetti strap top, and stiletto pumps for leg elongation and sex appeal. On the other hand, just lose the blazer and scarf for a day to night look. How else would you style it? Lemme know below. Which ever way you choose to style this, own it and rock it with a confident attitude 😘
P. S. Help me wish a Happy 13th Birthday to my littlest Prince..
See you next week…Ciao!
Shop My Look
- Top: Sass & Bide (here)
- Skirt: Mauro Grifoni Mini skirt. On sale here with extra 15% off 💃🏽
- Blazer: Austin Reed (old) Similar here
- Booties: Viktor and Rolf (old here) Similar here
- Clutch: Tre Vero (old) Here also
Giveaway deets and rules
1. Follow @vivellefashion in IG
2. Comment on this post
3. **TAG** a friend, and make sure they follow @vivellefashion too.
4. More friends mean more chances of winning
5. Separate comment for each TAG please.
6. Giveaway runs fro Feb. 21, 2017 to Feb. 28, 2017.
Winner announced within 24hrs of closing on my IG page
Giveaway not sponsored by, or affiliated with IG, FB or Twitter.
1. Giveaway is open internationally.
2. The giveaway will run for 1 week, from February 21, 2017 to Feb. 28, 2017. All times are U.S./Canada CST.
3. Please do not create a separate account just to enter, as those will be removed.
4. Winner will be contacted within 24hrs of giveaway ending and announced on my IG page @vivellefashion.
5. Winner has 48hrs to claim prize, or another winner will be chosen
6. Be sure your profile is not private so I can confirm that rules were followed.
7. Giveaway is not affiliated with IG, FB or Twitter.
J’adore! thanks for sharing. bisous
i love love love your outfit!!!
you look amazing
I love this pretty yellow blazer with the teal pumps- what a cool combo!
Le Stylo Rouge
Love the textures and colors going on in this outfit.
The Style Fanatic
this is such a perfectly styled outfit! I love the metallics paired with yellow!
It’s a perfect combination the dress and yellow coat! So fancy bouth pretties!
MES VOYAGES À PARIS
NEW POST: LAST ONES FROM NORWAY: NORTHERN LIGHTS & MOON BOOT
Girl, you are on fire. I especially love your lingua when you describe fashion pieces and your son is your split image. The look is ++++++++++
Floral brocade does make an opulent statement and you killed this look babe. Love love love!!! And great giveaway, good luck everyone!
Great outfit. I hope you are having a nice weekend. 🙂
P&P style ♡ ☯ ☮ — DIY — fashion — and more — ☮ ☯ ♡
Thank you…Have a fabulous week!