Nothing screams feminine like ruffles.
How to style a Pinstriped ruffle sleeve top
Certainly, this stunning pinstripe mock-collar top, with all the cascading ruffles down the sleeves is nothing short of feminine. Notably, the design of this top creates a strong silhouette that emphasizes the structure and shape of the top, much like an architectural building, creating a wearable structure, as I like to call it. See this post here. In essence, I love the fact that the ruffles adds a structural and contemporary vibe to the vintage feel of ruffles. In addition, the boxy cut also adds to the structural/structured look.
Therefore, for a boss lady feel, I paired it with this power bandage skirt. Further, I accentuated and defined my waistline with a skinny belt in a contrasting color. Hence, for shoes I chose a pump in line with the boss lady vibe I was going for.
Finally, to further accentuate a color of my choosing, I carried a yellow handbag, which I folded over to form a clutch…clever, I know. On the other hand, this Ankara tote from @etniciti, is the perfect companion for a day at the office, or better yet, the head of the board table. What are your thoughts on this look? Not a fan of how I styled it? Don’t fret…see below.
Shop My Look
Alternative styling tips
- First, but not foremost, style with destructed skinny jeans for a more casual look
- likewise, because the top has a boxy fit, it’ll also look great with high waisted skinnies
- in contrast, for an avant-garde vibe, pair with high waisted palazzos like this one
- For a bit more laidback look, style with boyfriend jeans and these platform sneaks.
- Pair with high waisted ankle trousers to channel your modern muse, like I styled here.
- Layer over a sheath dress for an interesting take on work wear. I love this one, and this as well. Opt for a skinny belt.
- Up the ante on your print mixing game by pairing with this one.
- Likewise, up the ante on your feminine vibe by pairing with a pleated midi skirt I especially like this one for the color accent.
- on the other hand, style as above, but ditch the pump for a pair of nude heeled sandals like this.
How else would you style this look? Leave me a comment below, I’d love to know!
Finally, thanks for stopping by, and taking the time to read. Remember, however you choose to style it, own it and rock it with poise and confidence! See you next week….Ciao!!!