How to style an Ankara shirtdress all year round. A shirtdresse is a wardrobe staple because of it’s versatility and timelessness! Shirtdresses are incredibly easy to style, and quite fashionable. They may seem like summer outfits, but they transition easily through all the seasons with smart layering. See here.
Shop Similar Looks for How to style an Ankara shirtdress all year round
How to style an Ankara shirtdress all year round
Today, I’m styling an Ankara shirtdress. I love shirt dresses for their versatility and ease of styling. I layered it over a sleeveless white shirt to add the collar, and a little more formality and sophistication to the look. Also, notice that with the scooped hemline, the cut is a bit high on the side, so I opted for this animal print bandage skirt, previously seen here.
Why the choice of animal print layering? Well, not only because animal print is in…just a nod to this fall’s animal print trend. Additionally, the animal print adds a little edgy vibe that balances the floral. The belt defines my waistline, while the blazer, previously seen here, adds some polish and elegance to my look. So, how else can you style this looK?
Alternative styling tips
- As fall is in the horizon, what better way to style it than pairing it with these booties
- On the other hand, don as-is with these white sneaks for a fresh and laid back, summer weekend look
- Style with this or this for the perfect shopping outfit
- Layer over skinnies like this for a relaxed look. A a pair of tights will also work well.
- For chillier weather, layer this sleeveless long vest over the shirtdress for a classy take
- Add more edge, and amp up the masculine vibe of the shirtdress by pairing with tights and combat boots
- Add a sexy sophisticated vibe, by pairing with the tall boots, and belted trench
- Spring calls for this white trench and wedges over the shirtdress.
P.S. So, I got this shirtdress in support of a small business owner. Get it, and more here
How else would you style this look? However you choose to style it, own it and rock it with poise and confidence.
Thanks for stopping by, see you next week… Ciao!!!
Also, I styled it a little different here with white pumps. The white pumps grounds, and balances the colors in the dress.