If you’er like me, you’er trying to hold on to summer for as long as you possibly can…hehe. I totally get it, heck, I still have some fabulous outfits I would still like to rock, and continue to rock. No need to fret though, in this post, I will give you some practical tips on how to seamlessly transition those summer loves into the fall.
First, I have a confession to make. For this post, I had to “borrow” my son’s dashiki top. What?? Heck yeah! After all, it’s unisex. I make it a point to work with whatever fits, or looks good. So, I paired this dashiki top with these old snake skin patterned skinny pants from Caché, and a fitted long sleeve top by Michael Kors.
Finally, with that out of the way, let’s get to the meat of this post, how to transition seamlessly into fall season. No need to pack up your summer favs…yet anyway. Adding some key pieces will help transition them seamlessly into the fall.
5 tips to help transition into the Fall season
- Tights. Wear an opaque or dark colored tight with that summer dress to help add a layer of warmth and keep the cool, and drying fall breeze at bay.
- Layering. Layering works well, especially for areas with finicky weather, like here in Texas, hello! There’s a well known saying that Texas weather is bipolar. This allows you to easily add or remove pieces as the need arises. However, try not to go overboard with the concept. A maximum of three layers should do the trick. Plus, don’t be afraid to bare a little skin, like the shoulders or legs for that sex appeal, as I explained here. On the other hand, you could bare your toes by wearing sandals like I did here in this post.
- Accessories. This is one that applies all year round. Adding a scarf to your ensemble can elevate your look from simple to uber chic, giving you that “well put-together” look. In addition, a hat, a knit cap, or a stylish beanie when added to an out fit, correctly, without over doing it can also give you that, cool girl look.
- Signature Fall colors. Furthermore, adding a staple fall color like orange, dark brown or mustard yellow to your ensemble will help transition your mindset and lick towards the Fall season.
- Blazers and Bombers. Y’all, if you don’t already own one, I implore you to do so. Invest in a great blazer or bomber, especially cropped styles, they do wonders for outfits. More so, bomber jackets are trending, snag up a pair for an extra layer of warmth and that cool-girl look.
I hope this helps you seamlessly transition those summer pieces into the fall. Thanks for stopping by, and see you soon. Don’t forget to share your thoughts with me below.
- Top: Custom made Dashiki top
- Pants: Skinny pants from Caché (old)
- Shoes: Guess (old)
- Handbag: Givenchy Nightingale (similar)