Hello there my lovelies!
I appreciate you stopping by…I hope you had a blessed week. As for me…I had a fantastic week, spent with my family. Family is everything!
Did you know that the Kente fabric is native to southern Ghana? Much like its close relative, the Ankara, sources say, it may be the most famous African fabric. The original fabric is made of silk and cotton interwoven together, and comes on an array of truly beautiful patterns. Recently tho, as a result of higher demand, the fashion industry has seen an increase in sourcing of this fabric. It is now available in cotton, polyester, wool…you name it.
Kente Ankara Pencil Skirt (OOTD)
Today, I’m styling a custom made Kente Ankara Pencil Skirt. Because I wanted to highlight the green in the fabric, I styled it with a BCBGmaxazria top I have owned for a while now. It’s a darling top thats quite sheer, so to keep it modest, I layered it over a camisole. The different shades of green, including the neon green I chose for the clutch, are all very deliberated to give some depth to the color scheme.
On the other hand, I also show how carrying the Chanel handbag adds another level of sophistication to the look (Chanel just makes very outfit pop). I added the statement necklace, previously styled here, for a bit more pop, and to amplify my ensemble. Finally, although the waist was fitted, I added this gold band embellished belt, also seen here, for waist definition, and added interest.
Alternative Styling Tips
- style with a white statement top for a more street style swag, as seen here
- Pair with a very feminine top, like a one with a pussy bow for more interest
- For a more casual look, dress it down by pairing with a simple tee
- To keep an on trend look, pair it with an off shoulder top
- Try a crop top, if thats more your style
- Go bold. Mix prints. Style with a floral top in the same color scheme. However, keep other accessories muted.
How else would you style this look? However you chose to style it, remember to worn it, and rock it with poise and confidence!
see you next week…Ciao!