Welcome back Lovelies!
The Off shoulder, asymmetric, statement top is a style trend that continues to dominate the fashionsphere, and wardrobes of style conscious women everywhere. This trend has been so popular for so long, that it’s now almost become a closet staple. Baring the décolletage area creates a look that oozes with feminity, and effortless sex appeal. Women love them.
This love affair is for good reason….the off shoulder, asymmetric, statement top is a style that suits a wide variety of body types….most women I’d say, love their shoulders.
Because the differences in our individualities and personalities is what makes the world beautiful, so also does asymmetrical hems, collars, and sleeves make outfits stand out and show creativity. These pieces stand out, create interest, and add an alluring effect on the silhouette. So, if you haven’t tried it out yet, now would be a good time to dive in…or at least get your feet wet.
Off shoulder, asymmetric, Statement top (OOTD)
This off shoulder, asymmetric statement top is quite dramatic and flattering. I love how the concept of a simple white shirt is taken, reimagined, and deconstructed to look more modern. The highlight of this top is the exaggerated bow that ties on one shoulder…making a huge statement. The androgyny of the white shirt is balance by the feminine bow, and off shoulder sex appeal.
As much as this top is a statement all it’s own, I didn’t shy away from paring it with another statement making piece. This skirt…the skirt of many colors! One of my TJMaxx finds. To the untrained eye, first inclination would be over the top, too distracting. On the contrary, I believe both pieces balanced out. White has a way of bringing balance to pieces. What are your thoughts?
In addition, to continue with the color theme, I opted for this JW Anderson pierce handbag, and heeled sandals, both of which you previously saw here. Finally, I accentuated my waistline with this peplum style contour belt.
Alternative styling tips
There really isn’t very much to say, this top will go with practically anything you throw on with it
- The classic chic look- styled with destructed skinny jeans and heeled sandals
- Go sexy and bare more skin- paired with shorts or short shorts, cool wedge sandals and a cross body bag
- Another classy look would be the minimalist approach with a pencil skirt in what ever color of your choice. Style with pumps for an elegant, #bosslady, and office approved look
- Monochromatic option-paired with white wide leg pants and sandals for an easy French Riviera weekender look
- Go bold by pairing with a wide leg pant in a pop pf color, nude heels and a clutch.
How else would you style this look? However you choose to style it, own it and rock it, with poise and confidence!
See you next week…Ciao!
Shop My Look
- Top: @Original_mangu
- Skirt: Old…similar here
- Handbag: JW Anderson Pierce bag Old…similar here
- Heeled sandals: Old
- Belt: Oscar De La Renta Old…similar here