Chunky woven totes are a must have for spring and summer. They serve as an effortlessly chic addition to any outfit, creating a timeless chic look. This ripped jeans + straw tote + striped blazer look is so classy. The straw handbag was originally sported by Jane Birkin before Hermes designed the now timeless Hermes Birkin, named after her. Straw totes/bags no longer act as resort or beach carry-alls, they have evolved. Thanks to Jane Birkin, they serve as a chic and unexpected touch to any look.
Ripped Jeans + Straw Tote + Striped Blazer (OOTD)
I am so loving this look for spring/summer. I have had this top for quite sometime and absolutely love it. The top, with sheer, soft, flowy, and ruffled look creates a very feminine and stylish vibe. In addition the long coat tail look adds a sexy contemporary flair when paired with pants and allowed to just flow. Moreover, the color is just perfect and can go with almost anything.
At any rate, because it’s early spring, and the weather tends to be a bit nippy, at times, I have this Antonio Melani striped blazer to keep me warm. The 3/4 ruched sleeves adds a contemporary chic flair to it, while the stripes adds a bit of a nautical flair to my look as well.
Because ripped jeans add a sexy, stylish and contemporary edge to any look (you just can’t go wrong with them), these pair from Alloyapparel were the perfect companion for my look. I added these lime green pumps, that I previously styled here to tie the look together.
Finally, for handbag I have 2 different looks. The first is this structured BCBGMaxazria white satchel. I like it because its keeps the look fresh, modern and stylishly chic. See how I previously styled this bag here.
On the other hand, the second option is the straw tote, in a pop of fuchsia, which I totally love. The straw tote adds a sophisticated, glamorous, and carefree vibe to my look, and the color is oh so summery! The multicolor satin wrapped handle and bow adds a stylish flair to the tote. Also, I love that it adds some texture and depth to my look as well. Which look do you prefer? Tell me below.
Alternative Styling Tips
Generally, straw is styled as a spring/summer casual look, but you can definitely dress it up into the fall, or even winter if you prefer. My take on other ways to style this look is:
- Style the straw tote with flowy floral maxi dress for the chic boho look, or
- Style with white destructed jeans for a fresh summery look
- As a transitional piece into fall, pair the straw tote/handbag with a short dress, ankle boots and a pea coat
- To dress up the straw handbag, opt for one with a leather/straw mix (I found an alternative option below)
- Alternatively, pair with a shirtdress and sandals for an urban chic look.
Remember, however you choose to style it, own it and rock it with poise and confidence!
See you next week…Ciao!
Shop My Look
- Top: BCBGMaxazria (old)
- Blazer: Antonia Melani Here on sale now
- Jeans: Alloy apparel tall jeans on sale
- Pumps: Brian Atwood (old)
- Straw Tote: Ted Baker (old) Similar here and here
- White handbag: BCBGMaxazria (old)
- Sunglasses: Tory Burch (old)