Ruffles and Denim + transitioning into fall season
Fall is here, but I’m not quite ready to put away my my summer dresses, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that way. That being said, to extend the summer a bit, while recognizing the arrival of fall, how do you transition seamlessly into the fall season?
Shop the Post
Ruffles and Denim + transitioning into fall season (OOTD)
In line with that, my look today includes subtle but relevant changes/additions to make this possible. I styled this BCBG Maxazria runway dress that I have owned for a few years now, with these boots previously seen here. If you missed it, check out this post on tips of how to transition seamlessly into the fall.
In addition, to shield myself from the elements, like I did here as well, I opted for a Denim jacket. The addition of the denim jacket, like I addressed in this post, adds an easy, cool-chic vibe to my look, by cooling down the ultra feminine factor of the ruffle dress. Also, the frayed hem and dark hair/lips adds a bit of a grungy edgy vibe to my overall look.
Finally, I styled this look with two different boots, both with socks for an on-trend street style cred. First, a very feminine take with these pointed toe, stiletto ankle boots to amp up the feminine vibe of the dress. On the other hand, the block heel lace-up ankle boots, adds some androgyny that balances the ruffled dress nicely. Which one is your favorite look? How else would you style this look? Are you a fan of the socks with boots trend?
Alternative styling tips
- For a more work appropriate look, style with this blazer. Add some office fun with this one.
- Add a scarf in this color to your outfit to elevate your look from simple to uber chic, giving you that “well put-together”. Try this one as well.
- Wear an opaque or dark colored tight, like this or this with this summer dress to help add a layer of warmth and keep the cool, and drying fall breeze at bay. I’m obsessed with this dress.
- Style with a bomber jacket for an extra layer of warmth and that cool-girl look. Love this one.
- on the other hand, add an element of edginess by pairing with this Moto jacket. Check out this one as well.
- Layer over this, and belted for an avant garde look.
How else would you style this look? Lemme know below. However you choose to style it, own kit and rock it with poise and confidence!
Appreciate you stopping by, and hope to see you next week. Ciao!!!
Chic alternative with pointed toe stiletto ankle boots, amps up the feminine vibe of the ruffles.Socks