The Ankara fabric has become quite ubiquitous…they are eye catching for their elaborate and colorful designs. They are also quite fashionable and easy to work with to create any masterpiece you have in mind. This particular piece was custom made for me by my sister in-law in Nigeria. For that reason, I’m kicking off the approaching trench season of spring with this eye-catching piece, by styling Ankara trench coat + mesh pencil skirt. This was shot last fall, but super appropriate for spring as well. See how I previously styled this skirt here
Shop My Look
Alternative Styling Tips
- You can totally style this trench over denim shorts or skirt and a pair of white booties for a brunch date
- Style with shorts and these espadrilles for a comfortable not too dressed up look
- Pair with these destructed jeans and pumps or mules for an evening out
- For a laid back trip to the movies, style over this graphic tee, and paperbag waist pants with trench casually draped over your shoulders for warmth, and street style cred
- For an urban chic vibe, style over these joggers, and these or these sneaks. Opt to tie the trench over your waist for some serious style points
- For an office appropriate look, pair with this sheath dress, pumps and this bag
How else would you style this look? However you choose, own it and rock it with poise and confidence!
Thanks for taking time to visit and read my post on Styling Ankara trench coat + mesh pencil skirt. See you next week…Ciao!!!
PS. The blog giveaway is still going on…click here 👇 and follow the steps.
I absolutely love this! I already tried to buy the skirt, but they only have smalls left. I’ll be doing my best to recreate this look.
aaawwww…so sorry hear that. I’ll def keep an eye out for more size options, if you’d like. Thanks so much for reading.
That would be nice, but I know a few places around here where I can find something similar in my size.
That would be awesome…I say go for it!
Viv my love, that skirt is so gorgeous. I love love love it paired with the jacket. Perfection my darling.I also haven’t seen you wearing long hair and it looks so good on you. Keep bringing them on babe, loving it all!!!
Thanks so much Idu girl…I’m taking lessons from you 😏. It’s an old wig I rediscovered them while looking for something else…lol. Thanks much
Wow you are so absolutely stylish – you ROCK this outfit, girl! Thanks for sharing!
-Emily | http://www.East91Blog.com
Thanks so much babe…appreciate you!
The print of this jacket is absolutely beautiful. I love the way you styled it too… plus the lovely details! That bag is adorable!
you look gorgeous
You remind me of another blogger
Such a great skirt, you look lovely!
Pose & Repeat
Wow great look! The colours of the coat are define and I love the pencil skirt!
Marije | thegfguide.com
hey lovely dear..
i really like your post,it’s so wonderful and helpful details,I’m so happy because for sharing post..
Thanks you so much for stopping by. I glad you found it helpful. Really appreciate your time