I went back to my first love in this here vintage inspired look by Styling Boucle Blazer + Midi dress for spring. I have professed my love for vintage looks here, here, and here. This is an ultra feminine look balanced perfectly well by the polished vibe of the boucle or tweed blazer…another Parisian staple, and a classic. Something about the boucle paired with a midi dress that screams ultra feminity…perhaps the fact that it’s been around since the 50s has something to do with it.
Shop My Look
Styling Boucle Blazer + Midi dress for spring (OOTD)
The weather here in Dallas a couple weeks ago got me back to my love for vintage inspired looks. I wanted to maintain the spring vibe, while at the same time making sure I stay warm…y’all know how I hate the cold weather. Styling Boucle Blazer + Midi dress for spring was what I decided on.
Anyways, I styled this snake print BCBGMAXAZRIA dress with a boucle blazer reminiscent of the Chanel vibe, like I did here. To define my waistline, I belted it to cinch my waist, while also keeping the blazer un-buttoned to allow a peep of the dress ensuring a streamlined look. In addition, to up my cool chic ante, I let the collar flare a bit.
Pairing different textures, fabrics, and color shades adds a boatload of interest and depth to any look…the boucle, leather, quilted clutch and snakeskin appliqué dress adds depth. The different shades of green in my gloves, clutch, belt, blazer and dress just adds a lot of depth and interest to my look. This red winged heels, (also seen here and here) just adds a pop of color and added fun interest to my look. Scroll down for a little twist on my look. What are your thoughts on this look? How else would you style it? See my other tips below…
Alternative styling tips
- Style with a yellow cropped blazer like this one for workwear. Try this budget friendly one
- To toughen up this ultra feminine look, pair with a moto jacket
- add a boyfriend blazer instead for a little androgyny, to tamper the ultra feminine vibe…don’t forget to roll up your sleeves for an effortless chic vibe
- Pair the boucle blazer with this slogan tee and skinny jeans for a chic Parisian vibe
- style with these destructed boyfriend jeans for an elegant. Check out this one too
- The sandals I paired below, adds a fresh springy vibe to my look
- A floral dress will pair perfectly with this boucle blazer. Love this one
- style the boucle over these shorts for a casual, yet polished feminine look. Try this one too
- Add this for the perfect garden party look
How ever you choose to style your boucle blazer, own it and rock it with poise and confidence. Thanks for stopping by, see you next week….Ciao!!!