Welcome back Loves!
Talking why you need a Breton top, plus styling tips.
Fun fact…Breton striped shirts were originally worn by French sailors as their official uniforms in the mid 1800’s, and it came with exactly 21 stripes that signified the victories of Napoleon’s military. However, Coco Chanel transitioned the Breton into the world of fashion while fashion icons, in the likes of Brigitte Bardot and Audrey Hepburn catapulted it into fame. Fast forward to today, they have become classics.
The allure and versatility of the Brenton striped top cannot be over emphasized. In my opinion, it is as basic as jeans, blazers, and a pair of sneaks. A classic. They pair well with virtually every outfit…from jeans to kakis, to skirts, or as a stand alone statement piece. Additionally, it also layers well as a contrasting pattern/print with a dress or vest. Sio I say, invest in one today, and thank me later.
Shop My Look
why you need a Breton top, plus styling tips (OOTD)
I am channelling my inner Parisian chic vibes. The Parisian vibe is a look that exudes an air of glam, and understated elegance with the most effortless, and uncomplicated outfits. I admit, I may be a tad bit obsessed with the Parisian look, so if you missed my previous posts on this topic, you can check it out here and here. A simple classic look of red, black, and animal print.
This Breton turtle neck, red wool wide leg pants, and animal print booties…can’t get anymore classic than that. Further, I added this wool Fedora hat for interest and a little attitude.
Alternative Styling Tips
- Pair with dark washed skinny jeans, stiletto pumps and an envelope clutch for a chic look. Check out this one
- Add a little twist as a statement piece with Denim on Denim look and block heels
- Later under a print dress like this one, as a contrasting pattern for interest and warmth
- Style with this pencil skirt, this blazer or this one for office appropriate look. I like this one too.
- Pair with a mini skater skirt or this one, ankle booties or OTK boots like this one for an edgy take. Add a Moto jacket to up the ante
- Boyfriend jeans and a pair of sneaks like this will ensure your urban chicness is on-point
- You can also style them with track pants and a pair of sneaks. I recommend these track pants for a max cool girl vibe!
- Style it your way, but add this hat or this one for max Parisian vibe
The possibilities are endless…but whichever way you choose to style it, own it and rock it with poise and confidence!
See you next week….ciao!!!
very chic look my dear, love this red pants and your Chanel bag
new beauty review on my blog <<< Garnier Hydra Bomb face mask >>>
have a nice day, a big kiss
cute casual wear
I fully agree with you on this top – it’s such a great all-rounder 🙂 You look gorgeous dear!
xx, Carmen – http://carmitive.com
love this badass boss lady look 🙂 so chic and empowering !
hi my dear i repass
new review on my blog <<< Yolo insurance sci and snowboard >>>
have a nice day, a big kiss